Tuesday 16 September 2008

Air to breath


I have spent the past two summers traveling in Eastern Europe and felt it necessary to have a break and start production on a number of new projects. A new journey is about to take place a change in time, ethos and ethic. July was spent putting the finishing touches to a new body of work with the working title  'It happened here'. Then it was off to the darkroom in Whitstable to spend most of August 'bunkered down' and to produce some results. BBC Radio Four kept me entertained and a plentiful range of refreshments and photographic supplies to see me through. The darkroom is a solitary place at the best of times and a determined effort to make it work. A slow start gave way to some of the best sessions I have completed in the darkroom to date and some inspiring images produced. I retreated back to my base at the Royal Sea Bathing to contemplate my next move. Little did I know that it would be to Broadstairs. 

Goodbye Margate

Photo by Paul Crawley – View out to Sea from the Royal Sea Bathing Hospital 2008

No comments: